Gloucestershire folk archive - workshops
Subject: Gloucestershire folk archive - workshops|
Date: 01 Feb 16 - 12:30 PM
Gloucestershire is particularly rich in collected folk and music, audio, video and manuscript. The Heritage Lottery funded 'Single Gloucester' project is making the material more accessible, via the website www.glostrad.com and via performance, talks and workshops. Gloucestershire Archives, in cooperation with Gloucestershire Traditions, is hosting two free workshops to help you find your way around this material.
The dates are:
Monday 11th April 1000-1300
Monday 9th May 1330-1630
The workshop will include:
· A behind-the-scenes tour to set the searchroom into the wider context of the whole Archives service.
· A 'Make the Most of the Searchroom' session to help new researchers to identify and request original documents using the online catalogue.
· An opportunity to use the Gloucester Traditions collection (D13660) and see/use other related material.
The venue is Gloucestershire Archives, Clarence Row, Alvin Street, Gloucester GL1 3DW. Parking is available;
The course is free and refreshments will be available.
If you would like to attend:
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
stating which date you would prefer, or whether either date would suit.
2. Identify any particular item or line of interest you would like to research and email email@example.com
in good time so that the material can be made available on the day.